Published by: Carina Press
Publication date: August 31st 2015
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
After her parents were murdered, Layna Blair spent three years on the run—until Marine Sergeant Blaze Johnson stepped in and saved her. With him, Layna knew safety for the first time…but two weeks after shipping out for another tour in Afghanistan, Blaze comes home early.
When Layna sees the jagged wounds covering his body, every truth she thought she knew is destroyed. Blaze is distant and angry and though her heart is shattered, Layna desperately tries to keep their relationship together in the face of another tragedy. When the tenuous bonds holding them together are ripped apart by a revenge-hungry maniac, Layna must trust her survival instinct and bury her past for good.
But the enemy is two steps ahead, and before she can take action, Layna’s hand is forced by his deadly demands—save herself or save the man who risked his life for her freedom. Blaze saved her once. This time it’s her turn to protect him.
I love Top Ten Lists! They are super fun to read and write and what better way to get to know someone? Thank you Cinta for hosting me today and for the super fun Top Ten question! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Sybil Bartel and I write Contemporary Romance and New Adult Romance for Harlequin’s Carina Press. I have a thing for sexy alpha Military heroes and bad boy Rockers. If you’re in the mood for a Military hero, I hope you’ll will check out my latest release, IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE! Sp, without further ado, here are my Top Ten Places to Hide and Read!
1. The Beach – I love settling into the sand on a perfectly warm (not hot!) day and pulling out my ereader. Sand in my toes, wind on my back, and the sound of the surf as I lose myself in a romance—its heaven!
2. My Back Porch – I have this fabulous screened back porch. The chairs are comfy and whether it’s raining or sunny or the cicadas are singing on a summer night; it’s a great place to escape and read.
3. The Laundry Room – If I’m really into a book and put it down, I’ll pretend to fold laundry in the laundry room as I set my ereader on the dryer, lol!
4. Grocery Store Parking Lot – You know when you tell your family you have to get a bunch of stuff at the grocery store but you only have like two things? Yep, you just bought yourself a few minutes of uninterrupted reading time. Score!
5. The Loft – My house has a loft! How romantic is that? It’s everything you’d imagine and perfect for an afternoon reading session!
6. Key West – There isn’t much I don’t love about Key West. Add a great book, pick any spot near the water and I am happy!
7. Amelia Island – While we are on the subject of locales, Amelia Island is on the northern coast of Florida and it has a quaint old shrimping town. There are cobblestone streets and ghost stories galore but there are also amazingly huge, sandy beaches. It’s pretty and not crowded and I love reading there under a canopy of trees as much as the beach.
8. The Swing in my yard – We have a huge Live Oak in our front yard with a big swing. It’s perfect for any of those sweeping epic Southern novels you want to get lost in!
9. In Bed – Who doesn’t love to read in bed?!
10. With My Family – And last but not least, I love to read with my family. When we all have a good book and we’re all reading at the same time? There’s something really
Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn’t get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in the sand. If she isn’t writing or fighting to contain the banana plantation in her backyard, you can find her spending time with her handsomely tattooed husband, her brilliantly practical son and a mischievous miniature boxer…
Here are ten things you probably really want to know about Sybil.
She grew up a faculty brat. She can swear like a sailor. She loves men in uniform. She hates being told what to do. She can do your taxes (but don’t ask). The Bird Market in Hong Kong freaks her out. Her favorite word is desperate…or dirty, or both—she can’t decide. She has a thing for muscle cars. But never reply on her for driving directions, ever. And she has a new book boyfriend every week—don’t tell her husband.
To find out more about Sybil Bartel, be sure to follow her on Twitter (she loves to hear about your favorite book boyfriend!), visit her website, like her on Facebook or join her Facebook group Book Boyfriend Heroes for exclusive excerpts and giveaways.