Today I am featuring in my blog series Peter Germany. He is not a published author yet, but he is a member of the Indie Community, and I am sure that we won’t have to wait long to see some of his stories published. I have been lucky enough as to read some of his stories, which belong to the sci-fi and horror genres, and I can tell you that people will love his work for sure. I can recognise talent when I see it! So enjoy the interview and keep an eye on this author. His stories are sure winners.
- Describe yourself.
I would say that I am honest, hard working, loyal, thoughtful (sometimes lol).
- What is your favourite fruit flavour?
- What is your favourite day of the week?
Monday, because it’s the start of a new week
- Which is your favourite time of the day?
The time between getting home from work and bed.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night, most definitely night. Most mornings I’m a zombie and seeing as I don’t drink coffee I’m not a happy zombie!
- What is your favourite breakfast meal?
A full English Breakfast
- What is your favourite colour and why?
Green, because it’s a very natural colour
- Which is your most favourite book ever?
The Forever War, by Joe Haldeman. (Note by Cinta: I knew he was going to answer this, because Peter was so kind as to gift me that book when we met in Oxford in July 2012 :D)
- What kind of music do you like?
Anything, really, as long as it’s fast with a good beat
- Which is your favourite genre of films?
Science fiction and horror.
- Which is your most favourite place in this Earth?
My back garden. I live surrounded by fields and it’s very peaceful
- Which animal would you want to be and why?
A shark, but I’m not sure which one. They are ancient creatures that will no doubt survive longer than mankind will.
- If you could have a luncheon with any 3 people (real or fictitious), who would you choose and why?
Joe Haldeman, because he’s such a fantastic writer I would love to pick his brains. Scott Sigler, again Sigler is a writer and he is one of my idols because he’s made himself a New York Times bestseller and his work rate is breathtaking. The third would be Guillermo del Toro, the movie director/writer. He has an amazing imagination and passion for telling stories. Pan’s Labyrinth and Hellboy 2 are two great examples of his work.
- If you were granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
Two of those wishes would be to give good health to two people who are very close to me. The third I’d say world peace.
- If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the 5 things that you would want to survive?
1-A decent tent. 2-a science fiction anthology. 3-a fishing net. 4-a box of matches. 5-A (fully charged) satellite phone
- If you could be anyone, who would you be?
There is no one that I would want to be except me, although if I become half the man my Dad is I will be very happy.
- What is the one thing you wish you could change in yourself? More discipline.
- What is the one thing you wish you could do if given the chance?
Walk on Mars
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Look after my loved ones, go on holiday, and then write, write, write!
- If you knew that this was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it?
With my loved ones.
- Were you a naughty kid or a nice kid?
A Little of both.
- What was the happiest moment in your life?
That’s a tough one, I’ve had a few very happy moments but not one that I’d say stands out. Ask me again in five years time.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Hopefully I’ll be married and settled down and a published writer. I’d also like to be working on an anthology.
- What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever done? Nothing, I’ve led a rather boring life lol
- What is your definition of an incredible weekend?
One that leaves you smiling for a long time.
- Which is the best holidays you have ever had?
Not really holidays but I go to my Grandad’s anual army reunion. It’s great spending some time just me and my Grandad.
- Have you got a phobia you want to share?
I havent found one, yet!
- What makes you angry?
A lot but I keep it in check. I don’t like who I am when I’m angry
- What do you do when you feel sad?
Talk to my Girlfriend
- Who or what inspires you?
My Dad inspires me, as does Scott Sigler, and there are a couple of songs that inspire me too: Birthright by Celldweller and Written In The Stars by Tinie Tempah.
- Congratulations! Now you can freely rant about your book(s) and/or projects.
I do not have anything ready for public eyes yet but you can follow my progress at http://petergermany.wordpress.com/ I’m aiming at having something ready to put up on Kindle by the end of the year. So watch this space.
I would just quickly like to thank Cinta for this opportunity.